Sunday, November 16, 2008

BIRTHDAY FUN

To celebrate Charlie´s birthday this year we decided to have a more intimate party. For the first two years of his life, for some reason I felt compelled to invite every child in the primary plus friends outside of the church. The guest list averaged arount 30 to 40 people. This year I cut the list down to 8 and boy, what a difference. The theme this year was "Cars the movie". Thanks to my sister Krista who had already thrown a Cars birthday pary for her son, I was able to steal her game ideas. To start off the party we played Cars Bingo, colored pictures and then we went outside to do a relay race and break the piñata. Charlies only request months before the pary was that there would be a piñata. Unfortunately here is Spain I have never been able to find a piñata, like the paper mache type so this year I had to make it myself, hence the picture below of my attempt to creat a piñanta that looked like a Cars wheel.

Even though it is not a professional piñata, the kids enjoyed hitting it just the same.
Charlie received some great gifts including this Cars mat with Lighting McQueen and Sally included.


Charlie blowing out his candle.


Charlie and his guests.




No comments: