Thursday, November 6, 2008

Becoming a member of the blogging world.

Well, I have finally succumb. I have finally decided to join the blogging world. Although this is a phenomena that has been around awhile, I have only just been introduced recently and this is one technological advancement I like. I am still not a big fan of cell phones, although I do own one and I vow to never use a PDA. (For me reading the scriptures and singing hymns from a small monitor just does not have the same effect). I was given a MP4 a while back and I still don´t know what MP stands for or how to use it or what it can do so I let Charlie pretend it is a cell phone. I am sure my digital camara can do some amazing things but I am just content to point and shoot. Some may say I am technologically deficient but I just call it living the simple life. Ok, I think I have rambled enough, back to the purpose of this blog. My sisters were the first to introduce me to the blogging world and I have really enjoyed keeping up to date with the family and friends especially since I am a horrible e-mail writter and even worse journal writer, therefore the purpose of this blog will be to document the simple but crazy life of the Wilcken-Gutierrez Family. I have wanted to start this blog for a long time but for some reason I never got around to it. In fact, about 4 months ago someone stole the radio in my car and since I have a 30 minute commute to work, pretty much I have theoretically solved all the world´s problems in my mind so lately I have been thinking about blog posts I can create. I have thought of at least 2 months worth of blog post so now it will just be a matter of doing it.
Now it is time for my disclaimer. I am sure all of you who will be reading our blog are aware that we are currently residing in Spain. I have been living out of the country for 4 and half years and communicating in English is sometimes difficult for me, therefore please don´t judge me. During my last visit to the States, my sister Ashlee would tell me every once in awhile, "We don´t speak like that here" or " We don´t use those words". So from the very begginning I apologize for any grammatical error, wrong use of vocabulary, or any form of Spanglish and I hope you enjoy the photos and comments. By the way the first three posts are from Leo who was trying out the system and teaching me the ropes.

2 comments:

ruthie said...

I wasn't saying that to be rude, I just think it's super funny that you've lost your native tongue... :)

ruthie said...

I didn't say that to be rude, I just think it's comical that you've lost your native tongue... :)