Monday, January 17, 2011

PLAYING CATCH UP: A QUICK MONTHLY REVIEW

When I decided to do a monthly post I knew it would be a challenge but I didn´t think it would be impossible, but it has been harder to keep up than I thought. And now that I am a mother of 3, I think it will be even harder (At this moment I am trying to feed Avery while Clark is standing next to me asking to sit in my chair). No matter the obstacles, I am determined to keep up the blog, but I am so behind now I must resort to just a quick review of the past several months.

SEPTEMBER:
Celebrated Charlie´s Superhero 5th birthday
School started and Clark wanted to go too.
One Sunday afternoon we picked up 3 young Belgian girl tourists who were going to sleep in a not so nice park so following the Spirt we brought them home and let them sleep in our living room. (They couldn´t have been too bad because they watched High School Musical with us.)


OCTOBER:

After trying to convince myself not to, I finally decided to organize once again the ward Halloween Carnival party. This year was much less stressful and I didn´t yell at my husband once. I was very proud of myself. Charlie was a vampire and Clark was Spiderman.

We also went to a friend´s halloween party at their house.

See pictures below.


NOVEMBER:
The biggest highlight for November was that we attended a Stake Marriage Conference at a 4 Star Hotel with an all you can eat buffett and swimming pool. We brought the kids along and had a very good time.
My kids know about Thanksgiving but we still have not celebrated the holiday properly since both Leo and I work that day. Some day soon my children will eat turkey and stuffing.



DECEMBER:
This month was very busy. We first celebrated Clark´s birthday, then our anniversary and then on the 13th, Avery Susana was born, not to mention Christmas and New Years and all the happenings that go along with these holidays.
On Sunday the 12th, I woke up and I thought that my water had broken but I was in charge of the primary program that day so we went to church and then later we went to the hospital. At the hospital they determined that I had a small leak so they admitted me but since I did not start having strong contractions on my own, they induced me Monday morning and by early afternoon, Avery was with us. It has been such a blessing to have her with us. She is such a good baby and the delivery was the best of all three. The only problem is that I have had a stubborn cold for almost a month now, that just won´t go away and now Avery has it too.


Pictures from decorating the house for Christmas and Clark´s birthday.



Random pictures from December including pictures of the cool book Grandma and Grandpa sent of G & G reading ´Twas the night before Christmas.



Christmas morning opening presents.





Fun at the park during the Christmas break.


2 comments:

Stacy said...

Love the photos! The kids are so CUTE! Sure miss you guys! This weekend was Stake Conference for us and one of the speakers spoke to us in Spanish with a translator. Listening to her made me think of you..and then I started to tear up. Not because it was a good talk but because I was missing you! :) Talk soon. Give the kids hug and kisses from me!

Heidi Hallam said...

Yeah! Congratulations on your new baby girl! I like the name Avery. Good for you for staying calm during times of stress (organizing Halloween carnival). Good luck with three!