Sunday, February 14, 2010

HOLIDAY HAPPENINGS 2009/2010

I know it is now February but like they say, it is better late than never. I didn´t want time to go by with out documenting our holiday happenings. Overall, the holidays were very good and low key. Charlie had his Christmas program in which he sang about animals including a shark in a blue lake with the Three Wise Men riding on Seahorses. Interesting? Once again we almost had a tradegy with his costume for the program. This year he did not have to dress up as a shephard but we were supposed to buy him a light blue shirt and sew garland around the neck and wrists. I understood the shirt part but I missed the garland part because I thought they were going to give him the garland at the performance. Good thing I have a good friend who´s son is in Charlie´s class who warned me a few days before so will were able to avoid another breakdown on my part. (I have been living in Spain now six years, but I still have some problems sometimes. But it made me feel better when Leo after reading the note said he would have made the same mistake).

Once again Leo and I were in charge of the Christmas dinner for our ward at Church. We decided to focus on service this year, so Leo organized some service projects in which members went to a soup kitchen to serve the food and clean. Even Charlie participated and really enjoyed the experience. On the day of the dinner at the church we collected clothes and toys to take to a charity and then after dinner we had a service auction for the members to exchange services. It was a big success.
Christmas Eve dinner with Leo´s family was at our house and just like other years we didn´t start eating until about 11 at night. In Ecuador the tradition is to eat at midnight so at least I got them to move it up an hour. We had a gift exchange with the whole family and laughed lots. It was very nice.
Christmas day was very nice too. Charlie stayed up so late on Christmas Eve that we actually had to wake him up at 11:30 am. (That is ok because it gave Santa some time to do some last minute wrapping.) Charlie´s list for Christmas was very long this year but in the end Santa brought him a costume of Iron Man, some Star Wars swords and Ben Ten action figurines. Santa brought Clark a lion to ride on but it is the small sword of Charlie´s that Clark likes most. When Charlie and Leo play fight, Clark gets right into the action and starts to fight as well, with noises and all. Overall it was a very good Christmas. We are so grateful we have the opportunity to celebrate Christ´s birth and spend time with family and friends.


Charlie with his costume for his school Christmas program.


Charlie crossing the street with his classmates to go to the auditorium for the performance.



Waving to the parents after the performance.




Clark, on Christmas Eve with his Christmas PJs.



Charlie and Clarks favorite toy from Christmas.

Clark´s Lion which is still sitting in the corner.


The boys in action.




Charlie showing off his new action gear.

The boys in action once again. It is non stop fun.



Charlie posing with one of the Three Kings (I think Baltasar) in order to drop off his wish list for Three Kings Day.

3 comments:

ruthie said...

I miss mis chicos! Tell them their favorite aunt loves them. :)

Heidi Hallam said...

Sounds like a great Christmas! It's so fun for the kids to have a few chances to celebrate - the performance at school, the party at church, the get-together at home. What fun times. You'll have to explain sometime about this water and 3 kings riding sea horses. Where in the world did that come from? Is this a Spain tradition or European? I've never heard of it.

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Sounds like an interesting holiday concert! And nice work putting together the ward activities. It sounds like your ward is very lucky to have you!