Monday, September 7, 2009

MORE "THRILLING" SUMMER MOMENTS

It is a tradition in our ward that during the months of July and August, the ward gets together every Friday night to eat together at the church. Every family brings their own dinner and we also try to have some kind of activity. In July of this year, the activities committe decided to organize a talent show in which the participants were to chose a decade and represent it in a dance. Even before the "great white gloved one" passed away, Leo and I had decided to represent the 80´s by dancing Thriller by Michael Jackson. We looked for a video on You Tube explaining the steps to the dance and then we spent hours practicing for several nights after the kids had gone to bed. Of course we weren´t as good as my sister Ashlee and her cohorts dancing the Thriller but everyone at the activity was impressed. They didn´t recognize Leo at first and were totally amazed that the once reserved young man they met 10 years ago was now cuttin´ it loose to Michael Jackson. I was pretty impressed myself. Of course I am used to doing crazy things in front of people but now I am glad I have company.


Two dead zombies workin´ it on the dance floor!



Charlie had seen us practise many times, but even he had a hard time recognizing Leo. He asked the person next to him if that person (pointing to Leo) was his dad.


The kiss of death.



What a pair!

2 comments:

Heidi Hallam said...

Wowza! Looks like it was quite the performance! Wish I could have been there to see it. Leo probably never imagined married life would be so fun!

Shannon said...

You rock, Melissa!!!! I wish I could enjoy your dancing more--I miss those high school days of dancing and fun! My kids would have LOVED to see it; they are totally obsessed with MJ and Thriller. I hear the song every day!